On his Fox News program, Glenn Beck again falsely claimed that Franklin Roosevelt, in support of a “Second Bill of Rights,” “was pushing for a change to the Constitution.” Beck added that “progressives” like Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs Director Cass Sunstein have “been pushing for the Second Bill of Rights since FDR,” and cited this as evidence that such progressives “know” that health care reform is “unconstitutional.”
From the January 11 broadcast of Fox News’ Glenn Beck:
BECK: [Franklin D. Roosevelt] was pushing for a change to the Constitution that included those things. Regulatory czar Cass Sunstein tried to resurrect that failed attempt at creating the ultimate government control in his book, The Second Bill of Rights: FDR’s Unfinished Revolution and Why We Need It. Again, the progressives know this is unconstitutional. That’s why they’ve been pushing for the Second Bill of Rights since FDR.
Fact: Sunstein said he (and FDR) “didn’t want to change the text of the Constitution”
Sunstein: “Roosevelt didn’t want to change the text of the Constitution,” but to create “a declaration which isn’t part of our legally binding text.” As Media Matters for America previously 9/8/04]
Sunstein said he shared Roosevelt’s view and was “nervous” about altering the Constitution. Sunstein also stated that Roosevelt’s “view of the Second Bill of Rights, which I share, is that what we should think of this as, is very much like Jefferson’s Declaration. Part of what we’re committed to, part of what defines our self-understandings, but we’re going to keep the judges out of it.” Further, Sunstein commented that “[i]f, if we are excited about judicial protection of individual rights, then we might want the Second Bill of Rights in our Constitution. I, myself, am nervous about that, because I’m nervous about the judges” and that “I’d much prefer that we recover this aspect of our history.”


Today, the Southern Republican Leadership Conference announced that former House Speaker Newt Gingrich had agreed to speak at its April 8-11 event in New Orleans. The conference bills itself as “




Industry’s first four-seat Sport Side-by-Side is here, thanks to Polaris, who recently introduced the first Robby Gordon edition, dubbed RANGER RZR 4. With an ability to carry four people, the vehicle is powered by a 800cc High Output Twin EFI engine and weighs just 1,255 lbs/569.3 kg, which means that it is lighter than many two-passenger vehicles.

Yvan Muller finally got to test his brand new car for the 2010 FIA World Touring Car campaign, none other than the Chevrolet Cruze he signed to compete on a few months ago. With Italian Nicola Larini announcing his departure from the championship following the 2009 season finale, the team found him a perfect replacement in the person of 2008 FIA WTCC champion and 2009 runner-up Yvan Muller.